September 3, 2016 RHAK Alert!
Emergency Regulation Change: ADF&G is increasing the bag limit on several species of waterfowl for this season. Please read below and contact us if you have any concerns about this.
NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF EMERGENCY REGULATIONS
OF ALASKA BOARD OF GAME
On August 22, 2016, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, under a delegation of authority from the Board of Game issued under Alaska Statute 16.05.270, adopted as emergency regulations changes in Title 5 of the Alaska Administrative Code dealing with hunting season regulations for Ducks, Geese, and Brant:
5AAC 85.065(a)(4) is amended to include the following changes:
1. (A) Ducks (except sea ducks), Canvasbacks: All Game Management Units, daily bag and possession limits are increased from a daily bag limit of 1 bird, 3 in possession, to a daily bag limit of 2 birds, 6 in possession.
2. (C) Geese, Light (Snow and Ross’): All Game Management Units, the daily bag and possession limits are increased from a daily bag limit of 4 birds, 12 in possession, to a daily bag limit of 6 birds, 18 in possession.
3. (F) Brant: All Game Management Units, the daily bag and possession limits are increased from a daily bag limit of 2 birds, 6 in possession, to a daily bag limit of 3 birds, 9 in possession.
The emergency regulations take effect August 31, 2016 and expire December 28, 2016. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game intends to make the emergency regulations permanent.
You may comment on the proposed permanent regulation changes, including the potential costs to private persons of complying with the changes, by submitting written comments to Jason Schamber at Alaska Department of Fish and Game, 525 W. 67th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99518. The comments must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 21, 2016. Written comments received are public records and are subject to public inspection.
The emergency regulations are posted on online as an attachment to the notice at www.boardofgame.adfg.alaska.gov. Interested persons may also contact Jason Schamber at (907) 267-2206.
If you are a person with a disability who needs a special accommodation in order to participate in this process, please contact Kristy Tibbles at (907) 465-4110 no later than October 7, 2016 to ensure that any necessary accommodations can be provided.
The language of the permanent regulations may be different from that of the original emergency regulations, and may include other provisions dealing with the same subject. YOU SHOULD COMMENT DURING THE TIME ALLOWED IF YOUR INTERESTS COULD BE AFFECTED.
Statutory Authority: AS 16.05.255; AS 16.05.258; AS 16.05.270
Statutes Being Implemented, Interpreted, or Made Specific: AS 16.05.255; AS 16.05.258
Fiscal Information: The regulations are not expected to require an increased appropriation.
DATE: August 31, 2016
Kristy Tibbles, Executive Director
Alaska Board of Game
ADDITIONAL REGULATIONS NOTICE INFORMATION
1. Adopting agency: Alaska Department of Fish and Game (under a delegation of authority from the Alaska Board of Game)
2. General subject of regulation: Emergency regulations for hunting geese.
3. Citation of regulation (may be grouped): 5 AAC 85.065(a)(4)
4. Department of Law file number, if any: Pending
5. Reason for the proposed action:
(X) compliance with federal law
( ) compliance with new or changed state statute
( ) compliance with court order
( ) development of program standards
(X) other: (please list) establish public hunting opportunity that cannot be adopted within the normal regulatory schedule of the Alaska Board of Game
6. Appropriation/Allocation: Natural Resources and all RDUs.
7. Cost of implementation to the state agency and available funding (in thousands of dollars): No costs are expected in FY 2016 or in subsequent years.
8. The name of the contact person for the regulations:
Name: Jason Schamber
Title: Wildlife Biologist
Address: 525 W. 67th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99518
Telephone: (907) 267-2453
E-mail address: Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
9. The origin of the proposed action:
X staff of state agency
_____ federal government
_____ general public
_____ petition for regulation change
_____ other (please list)___________________________________
Date: August 31, 2016
Prepared by: Kristy Tibbles
Executive Director, Board of Game